DBA in Tourism & Hospitality Management
The Business Science Institute DBA is an international doctoral degree lasting 3-4 years that creates considerable business value and generates personal, professional and societal impact. Managers conduct applied research that focuses on their companies and specific issues of their own choice. This corresponds to the need for increasing links between managerial practice and research, managers and academics, business life and academia.
Businesses thus benefit from research led by practising managers who develop invaluable academic approaches and perspectives under the close supervision of an experienced and expert international member of faculty.
Strengths of the DBA
- AMBA accredited.
- Ranked 4th best DBA worldwide, and 2nd best DBA for innovative pedagogy.
- An internationally-renowned faculty of over 100 professors qualified to PhD level and accredited to supervise doctoral research, offering students access to a team of academics that is exceptional in its diversity, reputation, research publication track record and expertise.
- A team of dedicated senior academic coordinators. Our team of coordinators play a vital role in Business Science Institute’s academic leadership structure. As senior academics, they have a key responsibility for coordinating the teaching and supervision carried out by our faculty for the site or course they are in charge of. They also provide a line of direct communication for participants, thus making a positive contribution to the participant learning experience.
- Present in 10 countries, with an academic community of 195 DBA student-managers representing 43 nationalities and already 80 theses successfully defended between 2015-2020.
- Exceptional service quality through personal monthly thesis follow-up meetings between the doctoral student-managers and their supervisors, and through the responsiveness of the support team that responds to emails within 24 hours.
- The only DBA programme in the world to have its very own book collection written by DBA doctors and professors (28 books published between 2015-2020)
In partnership with Excelia
Excelia is a group of higher education institutions which includes a leading school of management and tourism in La Rochelle (France).
Learn more about the Executive DBA (9 videos)
- What is a DBA?
- What is the difference between an MBA and a DBA?
- What is the difference between a DBA and a conventional PhD programme?
- Why did we create the www.comparedba.com website?
- Is it in the interest of the company to have a manager prepare a DBA?
- What is essential in a DBA?
- What distinguishes the Business Science Institute’s DBA organised in partnership with iaelyon School of Management?
- What is the DBA student-manager’s educational tool kit?
Professors for the DBA in Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Philip ALFORD
- Luc BEAL
- Bernhard BICHLER
- Laurent BOTTI
- Stéphane BOURLIATAUX-LAJOINIE
- Jean-Michel CHAPUIS
- Thomas CLAUß
- Cécile CLERGEAU
- Amadeus GABRIEL
- Andreas KALLMUENZER
- Valentina KIROVA
- Sascha KRAUS
- Tanja MIHALIC
- Nathalie MONTARGOT
- Christine PETR
- Nicolas PEYPOCH
- Élisabeth ROBINOT
- Ursula SCHOLL-GRISSEMANN
- Alexandre SCHWOB
- Hugues SÉRAPHIN
- Tan VO-THANH
To start the application procedure, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Your CV will be transferred to Business Science Institute’s Scientific Advisor for initial screening.
Your CV should begin with a brief summary giving the following information:
- Current profession (position, company, country)
- Number of years of managerial experience
- Highest and most recent qualifications
You will be kept informed by e-mail throughout the process.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.