This page lists the strengths and strategic advantages that distinguish the Business Science Institute from its competitors.
The Executive DBA Programme at Business Science Institute offers the following distinguishing features :
- A true DBA programme for managers focusing on managerial impact enabled by conceptual thinking, and clearly different from the traditional dissertation that focuses on academic impact. Benefit: Management Impact.
- An institution that runs just one programme and devotes all its energy and resources to the DBA. Advantage: Specialisation strategy.
- The programme is engaged in international accreditation processes, a member of EFMD, one of only 11 AMBA-accredited DBAs (May 2021), and internationally recognised by the Dubai DBA Ranking (4th overall in the world, and 2nd for Innovation in 2020). Advantage: international recognition.
- A networked institution that provides executives from around the world with a wide choice of academic specialists from whom to supervise their doctoral work on specific topics. Advantage: diversity and depth of the faculty team.
- An institution whose core competence is responsiveness and support for doctoral students. Advantage: responsiveness.
- An institution whose KPI is not the number of students enrolled in the first year, but the number of high-quality dissertations successfully defended before an international examination panel. Advantage: high defence rate.
- The only DBA programme with a series of books written by the programme’s professors to guide doctoral students along their learning journey. Benefit: faculty actively publishing in the area of DBA education.
- An institution that encourages its graduates to publish in an international trilingual book collection. Benefit: publication opportunities.
- A programme delivered in face-to-face format across 10 countries and in distance learning format in three languages (French, English, German). Advantage: Local adaptation to our doctoral students.
Although few programmes are comparable, Business Science Institute’s Executive DBA combines two strategic advantages (see “La Boussole Stratégique”, J.P. Helfer, M. Kalika, J. Orsoni, Management, Stratégie, Organisation, Vuibert, 2010, 11ème édition, 2019, p. 212):
A value proposition
Business Science Institute’s Executive DBA connects doctoral students, regardless of their location, with a team of internationally renowned professors who conduct face-to-face seminars and provide distance supervision. In addition, each participant receives a learning kit at the beginning of the programme, and an international virtual learning platform has been developed for remote 24/7 access.
A price advantage
Because Business Science Institutes strictly limits operating costs and avoids unnecessary fixed costs and wasteful spending, our Executive DBA is accessible to executives from a wide range of backgrounds.