BSI Luxembourg ASBL
Château de Wiltz
- A proper DBA programme for managers that focuses on the managerial impact enabled by conceptual thinking and is clearly different from the traditional dissertation that focuses on academic impact. Benefit: Management Impact.
- An institution that offers only one programme and devotes all its energy and resources to this programme, which is required for the DBA. Advantage: Specialisation strategy.
- The programme is involved in international accreditation processes, a member of EFMD, one of the few AMBA-accredited DBAs (December 2020), and internationally recognised by the Dubai DBA Ranking (4th in Worldranking, 2nd for Innovation in 2020). Advantage: international recognition.
- A networked institution that provides executives from around the world with a variety of professors to supervise their doctoral work on specific topics. Advantage: diversity and richness of the faculty.
- An institution whose core competence is responsiveness and support for doctoral students. Advantage: responsiveness.
- An institution whose indicator of success is not the number of students enrolled in the first year, but the number of high-quality disputations before international juries. Advantage: defence rate.
- The only DBA programme with a book series written by the programme's professors to guide PhD students. Benefit: faculty publications.
- A programme that encourages graduate students to publish a book in the international trilingual book collection. Benefit: publication opportunity.
- A programme delivered as face-to-face study in 10 countries and as distance learning in three languages (French, English, German). Advantage: Local adaptation to our doctoral students.
Although few programmes are comparable, the Business Science Institute's Executive DBA combines two strategic advantages (see "La Boussole Stratégique", J.P. Helfer, M. Kalika, J. Orsoni, Management, Stratégie, Organisation, Vuibert, 2010, p. 181):
- A value proposition, the Business Science Institute's Executive DBA connects doctoral students, regardless of their location, with a team of internationally renowned professors who conduct face-to-face seminars and provide distance supervision. In addition, each participant receives a learning kit with research papers at the beginning of the programme, and an international pedagogical intranet has been set up that can be accessed remotely. Each participant thus has access to an exceptional academic offering.
- A price advantage because the Business Science Institutes strictly limits operating costs and avoids unnecessary fixed costs and wasteful spending. This makes the Business Science Institutes' Executive DBA accessible to a wide range of executives.