BSI Luxembourg ASBL
Château de Wiltz
Who is the right candidate for the Executive DBA?
Who can apply to the Executive Doctorate in Business Administration program?
- Executives holding an MBA (or the equivalent)
- With significant managerial experience (5+ years)
- Who wish to evaluate their experiences through personal reflection and academic research and ultimately publish an academic presentation of their findings.
The motivations of the Executive DBA candidate are vastly different from those of an MBA candidate:
- An MBA candidate is motivated by professional objectives; by a desire to evolve in the workplace. This motivation is essentially related to his/her career. Such a candidate is often supported by the company to fulfill mutual goals.
- The Executive DBA candidate is essentially motivated by personal objectives; by a desire to evolve intellectually and achieve personal fulfillment. However, this does not mean that the Executive DBA will not contribute to the candidate's professional development (notably in terms of self-confidence), but that his/her drive to achieve is primarily individual and personal. Furthermore, certain candidates have innovative ideas that they do not always have the opportunity to develop in their existing professional context. Such candidates may wish to explore these ideas during their Executive DBA, aided and supervised by specialized researchers from multiple fields.
For individuals who wish to pursue an academic career, the Executive DBA can serve as a springboard to a PhD or doctorate. The 40 professors that make up the Business Science Institute's Scientific Council will support individuals' efforts to find an appropriate research supervisor and host institution. However, such a process is by no means a given and requires some consultation.