BSI Luxembourg ASBL
Château de Wiltz
Partnership between the Business Science Institute Luxemburg (BSI) and IAE Lyon for the international development of a Doctorate in Business Administration program
The Business Science Institute and IAE Lyon – University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, have just established a partnership for the joint development of a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) program.
The Executive DBA program is designed for senior executives and business leaders, as well as for holders of an MBA or equivalent master’s degree.
This program of continuing education is unique in that it enables business and organizational professionals to become “doctoral managers” and use their managerial experience to engage in a reflection on a subject related to managerial practices at the doctoral level and supervised by faculty members. It strives to stimulate creative capabilities in the domain of decision-making and strategy implementation.
The Executive DBA differs from a traditional doctorate through its more pragmatic orientation, all the while maintaining a crucial attention to research. As an executive program, DBA emphasizes the integration of management theory and practice in the workplace.
The program takes place over a period of three years, with five training seminars lasting three days each during the first year, follow-up seminars during the second year and a thesis defense in the third year. During the thesis process, the doctoral managers benefit from regular and personalized monitoring by an advisor specialized in their field of study.
The Executive DBA of the Business Science Institute is unique in its design in that it is based on a Scientific Advisory Board consisting of seventy professors from various international universities. The Business Science Institute already offers an Executive DBA in North America, Switzerland, Tunisia, Senegal, Luxemburg, and currently has an enrolment of about thirty doctoral managers.
This partnership marks the commitment of both institutions to work in synergy, while pooling resources for the benefit of the DBA participants.
For the Director of IAE Lyon, Jérôme Rive, “this partnership is the outcome of the meeting of two major actors of continued education. The DBA is a continuing education degree whose format perfectly fulfills the expectations of experienced managers who wish to take a step back and reflect on their own experience while conceptualizing their skills and their knowledge. The traditional doctorate is poorly adapted to these individuals, and an MBA program does not respond to the same objectives, nor is it on the same level. The Executive DBA offers an additional track, and a means of strengthening the fruitful connections between academic research and high-level managerial practices.”
Michel Kalika, President of Business Science Institute insists on the importance of the partnership between IAE Lyon and BSI. “On the one hand such a partnership provides academic recognition for BSI. On the other hand, it allows both institutions to partner to create new programs attractive to international targets. Finally, it satisfies the demands coming from many managers for whom a DBA is a way to valorize their experience and create knowledge.”
About IAE Lyon:
- IAE Lyon, University of Management – University Jean Moulin Lyon 3, is one of France’s most important centers for training and research in the field of management. IAE Lyon offers over 7,200 students in initial and continuing education high-level curricula and excellent teaching in the field of business administration and management.
- IAE Lyon’s research activities and the knowledge they create guarantee high quality teaching, at the service of skills production.
- IAE is also the partner of choice for companies and employees through its continuing education degree programs from Bac+3 to Bac+5 (among which are many part-time Masters and an International MBA), all accessible via the Validation des Acquis de l’Expérience measure, as well as through its short-term training offerings.
Partnership between Business Science Institute and University of Technology Sydney Business School
The partnership between Business Science Institute and University of Technology Sydney Business School was established on November 4, 2013. The University of Technology Sydney Business School is accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), which is an American association that recognizes excellence in business schools all over the world.
For the students of the Executive Doctorate in Business Administration (EDBA) of the Business Science Institute, the terms and conditions of this agreement are:
- The validation of the Business Science Institute’s five seminars on Research Methodology by the University of Technology Sydney Business School.
- Full access to the Business Source Premier online database via the University of Technology Sydney Business School.
- Graduates of the Executive Doctorate in Business Administration will be awarded a Certificate of Research in Business Administration after the validation of their research project by a jury of professors from both institutions.
Partnership agreements are currently being considered for a variety of different locations for the beginning of seminars in the first quarter.
If you share our values and are interested in the development of our program in your area, please contact us for more information on partnerships with the Business Science Institute (answer within 48h).